Time, Biology and Evolution
0. Every human changes and every system evolves over time.
0. Evolution basics are why we are who we are. They are simple and always valid: Those who reproduce, reproduce.
1. Everything in biology evolves to pass genes on, through survival and tribal support.
2. The need to conform to other people (the tribe) and deeply care what they think about us is built into our Biology.
3. Biology is more concerned with survival and reproduction, rather than individual happiness.
Emotions and choices
- Self-love and acceptance are universal and not earned. It’s in ours and everyone’s best interest to have them.
- When we lack self-love and acceptance we develop mental health problems and addictions as a coping mechanism.
- Every human has a multitude of emotions based on forms of love or fear.
- Every long term fear-based emotion is detrimental for a human and their peers.
- Intuition based on love-based emotions and experience is our best tool in life.
Systems and change
- It’s fundamentally easier to destroy structures than to create them on every level.
- To survive, humans have evolved the innate desire to create structures and oppose destruction.
- Opposing destruction largely means preserving the current state of everything (inertia).
- In order to prevent destruction of structures, systems of humans have emerged in order to preserve.
Relationships and systems
0. Love is the innate human desire to give happiness and increase freedom for others.
0. Freedom is the ability to do anything that doesn’t deny others freedom, even if it breaks rules and norms. Every single bad thing (killing, abuse, stealing) is simply reducing the freedom of another human.
1. Love and freedom should be the bases of all relationships. If you ever feel envy or jealousy, it’s your biology and fears fighting this. A golden opportunity for personal growth.
2. All of society’s problems start with humans and systems who don’t value others’ freedom and reduce it.
3. All of society’s problems can be solved with enough love in all its forms (empathy, advocacy, motivation, creativity).
Truth and knowledge
- The best discovery of humans is the method for building a system of true knowledge – The Scientific Method.
- The Scientific Method is a principle, not a system. It does not fight to preserve itself. It works for us and our connection with reality so we must fight for its survival and implementation.
- The Scientific Method is much more effective at progress than any system of humans, including democracy.
- The Scientific Method still needs human intuition to guide research and human emotions to motivate it.
- The Scientific Method is perfect for being implemented by imperfect humans. Its integrity is built-in.
Money and the economy
0. Money is a great invention of mankind but it’s terribly communicated in our culture. The only thing wrong with money is that ordinary people don’t understand how value and money are created, flow and interchange.
1. Humanity will not be ready for a resource-based economy for some time. We first need to solve our current economic challenges.
2. Free market capitalism has the best record of all tried economic systems as it best correlates with human nature and provides the most freedom. We’re also kinda stuck with it.
3. Becauses of their long term nature, many fields in science, education and healthcare may not have the right incentives for capitalism. The government should be involved in those.